The Impact travel to Toronto on Saturday afternoon to kick-off the second edition of the 401 Derby this season. Montreal is looking to rebound after a flat performance against Vancouver on Wednesday night in the second leg of the Canadian Championship, in which they lost 2-0.
With the Seattle - Portland matchup highlighting MLS Heineken Rivalry Week, TFC and the Impact look to continue to build this flourishing 'derby'. Here are some quick facts to bring you up to speed on what you need to know for this Saturday afternoon.
- TFC and the Impact have only played once this season in MLS; with Toronto knocking Montreal off 3-1 on Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day.
- Since joining MLS the Impact have never won at BMO field.
- TFC newcomer Sebastian Giovinco has scored 17 goals in MLS this season. He trails Kei Kamara by a single goal in the race to be top marksman in the league.
- TFC had an offensive explosion last weekend defeating Orlando City SC 5-0. Laurent Ciman will have his hands full!
- In the first meeting on June 24th, Oyongo scored his first (and so-far only) goal for the Impact.
- Dominic Oduro was the last IMFC player to score in MLS action back on August 5th, against the New York Red Bulls...Jack McInerney was traded on August 4th.
- The last Impact victory came... (wait for it) on the road! On August 1st against NYCFC.
- TFC currently sit in 4th place in the Eastern Conference standings and on pace to make the playoffs for their first time since joining MLS. Montreal is in 6th and the final playoff spot.
- As the pressure mounts keep an eye on the #FireKlopas hashtag. Win or lose it should be entertaining.
From the Enemy:
Saturday's Match will be the Biggest 401 Derby Match of All Time http://t.co/BkQ8Z9QHp5 pic.twitter.com/Tknm3t288Z— Waking The Red (@Wakingthered) August 27, 2015
Where Can I Watch:
The game can be seen on TSN and RDS2 Saturday afternoon at 4:00pm. If you are living in the United States, the game can be watched if you subscribe to MLS Live. Special Shout Out: If your living in Montreal, Kan Football Club is holding a special viewing party at the Burgundy Lion that should be rockin'.