Frank Klopas is in and Marco Schallibaum is out as the Montreal Impact name Klopas as its third head coach in its third MLS season. Klopas has signed a three-year agreement and will also be the Director of Player Personnel. The Greek-American coach was at the helm of the Chicago Fire from 2011 to 2013. He was let go at the end of the season and replaced by Frank Yallop.
The Impact management group was not satisfied by how the season ended under the leadership of Marco Schallibaum, on the field. Since the end of the season, Schallibaum's future was in doubt and it was no surprise to see him let go. Klopas himself was let go by the Chicago Fire, after being eliminated from the playoff race by the Impact on goal differentials.
Like discussed earlier this week on MRS, the arrival of Frank Klopas will bring some changes in the current structure of the club.
- Mauro Biello stays on as an assistant coach
- Youssef Dahha stays on as the goalkeeper coach
- Paolo Pacione stays on as the fitness coach
- Philippe Eullaffroy will continue as the club's Academy director but will not be part of the coaching staff of the first team.
- The club's director of soccer operations Matt Jordan is promoted to Technical Director of the club
As per the Impact ,Matt Jordan
will have increased technical and club related responsibilities within the organization while continuing to report to sporting director Nick De Santis.
- As per Nick De Santis will oversee all technical aspects related with the first team.
Stay tuned for more details and news on the new appointment and coverage of the 2013 Montreal Impact Members General Assembly.