Didier Drogba took to Twitter to explain to everyone that he wouldn't be excepting the Corinthians contract offer.
The Brazilian club offered Didier Drogba a ridiculous and lavish deal but Didier says that he thanks the team for the offer but he won't be excepting the deal, as it's not right for him right now.
The contact included:
- 1-year deal until (31/12/2017) worth $120,000 per month
- 6 round trip tickets from Brazil to Europe in Executive class
- 1 rental home in nice neighborhood in the amount of $20,000 rent per month
- 1 armored SUV
- 1 Full-time professional translator BRAZILIAN/ENGLISH
- Special bonus if top goal scorer in the Paulista
- Special bonus if top goal scorer in the Brazilian Championship
Corinthians issued a statement about Drogba's choice not to join the club.
"Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, through its presidency, thanks Ivorian striker Didier Drogba for the talks in recent weeks with Roberto de Andrade," it read.
The 38-year-old striker is still a free agent ever since he left Montreal. There have been many rumors he might return to a club in France but nothing is official yet.