Mount Royal Soccer continues to grow as it has quickly become a go-to destination for Montreal Impact. Our team of current contributors continues to produce high quality content. But adding more to the team to diversify the type of content and the voice/opinions is key to any type of content.
Your background does not have to be a specific one whether you are a passionate fan, opinionated soccer observer and beyond. But having an opinion presented in a respectful manner is important and comes hand-in-hand with the passion for the club, the league, or just the game overall.
Some task listed below are already being done by other current contributors but collaboration is key and is an integral part of what is done at MRS.
- Developing interesting stories outside game days.
- Writing game previews + the 3 Questions Exchange with the SBNation MLS blog counterpart.
- Generating recaps and in-depth analysis pieces for postgame reports (already covered but more content is possible)
- Writing interesting feature articles, focusing on players, coaches, and the team itself.
- Breaking the News: You follow the #IMFC hashtag religiously? You enjoy reading about the latest news about the Bleu-Blanc-Noir? You have a chance to cover breaking news about the Impact on Mount Royal Soccer by writing about them, covering them and analyze it .
- Able to keep to a set schedule as to create a rendez-vous with the readers and help the site manage itself better
- Looking for social media butterfly that will manage the Mount Royal Soccer Twitter and Facebook Page.
There are benefits in joining the team:
- A solid, intuitive and state of the art publishing platform
- Accessibility to a big readership population. What you have to say will be read and they will comment. Visibility is part of the package.
- Social media support
- SBNation is one , if not, the best web blog networks on the continent.
If you are still reading this, it's a good sign and you like to write footie.
What is important, in almost anything we do in life, is to be committed, consistent and eager to improve and learn. It's important not to get discouraged when you start this endeavor. When I started, readership was minimal and traffic negligible but the growth of the site has been exponential and can only go up.
If you are interested in writing for Mount Royal Soccer , please send an email to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest and if you have any links to work previously done and about your background, feel free to send that over also.