It was another sunny and hot day in Montreal as the Montreal Impact held their last practice before hosting the Philadelphia Union. Practice started around 10:45-11:00 AM at Complexe Sportif Claude-Robillard and it was a typical practice session but lighter than usual:
- First order of business: The Montreal Impact announced to us that there are only 2000 tickets left at Stade Saputo vs the Philadelphia Union. That is great news for the team and the support they will continue to get at home.
- Fitness work at the beginning while the goalkeepers performed drills under the watchful eye of Preston Burpo.
- 10 v 10 ball possession game: starters vs substitutes . It was quite intense for a possession game and we saw Alessandro Nesta, Nelson Rivas and Matteo Ferrari exchanging passes and preparing the game.
- Set-Pieces offensively and defensively.
- Probable Starting Formation
- The biggest news that came out during the practice was not going on the pitch but outside the pitch. Thierry Cros(Serie A specialist that I interviewed about CalcioScommesse) tweeted the following
Autres réquisitions: Di Vaio (ex-Bologna) 1 an, Portanova (Bologna) 3 ans, Guberti (Roma, ex-Sampdoria) 3 ans, Bologne 2 points— Thierry Cros (@tcros) August 3, 2012
The recommended sentence for Marco Di Vaio by the sports tribunal could be up to 1-year but no more details since that tweet from Thierry Cros (TF1 Sport, Eurosport, RMC Sport) . The official FIGC press release can be found here.