Welcome to the latest installment of "Gio's Random Thoughts". Every week, I will unleash some observations about what the Impact and the MLS. Some good, some bad, some ugly.
*No Arnaud, no Felipe and the Impact still took 3 points especially at home. These men continue to gel as a team. That is very dangerous for the rest of the MLS. Very dangerous.
* Welcome to Montreal, Dennis Iapichino. Another Swiss defender in Montreal. Maybe he can be the Mark Streit of Soccer. How's his shot on the power play?
* Josh Gardner is moving to the midfield. Makes me think that Nick isn't done playing with the roster and, even more so, Jesse Marsch is preparing a 3-5-2 formation once Nesta, Rivas and Ferrari are ready.
* The Impact have come out with some great fan friendly ticket packages. If you don't come to the Stadium now, seriously, well, this time I am not allowed to write what I think.
* Sanna Nyassi is now suspended for a game for yellow accumulation. Felipe just served his suspension. Our little guys are feisty!!
More random thoughts after the jump
* Justin Braun has been traded to Salt Lake. Before I go into my next few comical (yes, I think I'm funny!) random thoughts, I'd just like to say two things. Justin was a great professional while he was in Montreal. Never caused problems and was liked by everyone. The only problem is that, on the field, it doesn't matter if you are the nicest or the meanest guy on the planet, as long as you PUT THE BALL IN THE NET!!!
* I continue to believe that Justin Braun's main problem was confidence. He got his chances and it never clicked.
* Justin was traded for a conditional draft pick. I'd like to know what the conditions are. Let's be honest. Saying he was traded for a conditional draft pick is a cute way of saying: ‘Free striker, get your free striker here!'
* Can't help to think that at least a dozen signed Nesta and Di Vaio jerseys were shipped to Salt Lake City along with Braun.
* I'd like to congratulate Nick De Santis for moving the high priced forward who couldn't find the back of the net. Not an easy task.
* I don't know what's been uglier on the field this season: Justin Braun's play or those awful neon orange ‘construction cone' goalie kits. It's a toss up. Place your vote now.
* When Fucito was traded, Portland had to promise the Impact that he wouldn't play the next game against Montreal (which happened to be a day or two later). I wonder if one of the conditions of this trade is that Braun MUST play against the Impact the next time these two teams face each other.
* You can't blame Jesse Marsch and Nick De Santis for getting Justin Braun. The Montreal Impact traded expansion draft pick James Riley from the Seattle Sounders for Justin Braun and Gerson Mayen from Chivas USA. Young, big, strong and had potential. Sadly, it was just another case of ‘Good from far but far from good'.
* With Braun's departure, must also mean that Andrew Wenger is close to coming back and Marco Di Vaio will finally have a worthy foward partner.
* Before you start sending me hate mail or think that I hate Justin Braun, don't forget this one thing: When he was chosen, I was one the first (and the few) to defend the selection. I gave him a fair chance. I wish him the best with his new team.
Until next time, FORZA IMPACT!!